Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 West Country Chat
 Nailsea Chat
 Bloody Sunday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

T-Man
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2005 :  12:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So then chaps, only 9 weeks away (63 days) so hadn't we start planning for the big day.

What are the live games on TV on the 18th ?????

I will try and hang around a little but longer this year unlike my poor attempt last year.

Also felt this forum needed a new post as nothing had been put on for a while.

What's your thoughts????

T

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2005 :  14:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several controversial ideas have been discussed lately for this years event, the main ones being moving it from the Ringers because the drinks are stupidly expensive (£2.50 for a Fosters!) and holding it at The Coronation where we can drink JJJ all day for only £1.50 a pint, and also doing it on the 25th because thats the nearest sunday to christmas.

Who is doing the Tesco breakfast challenge this year then?

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2005 :  15:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is controversial!!!!

I have only be in the coronation once, so can't really remember if it had a big screen for the footy, but overall, i wouldn't be in favour of moving it to there. I would prefer to keep it at the ringers, but if cost is an issue, how about the Oak? or even a pub crawl when the footy isn't on.

Doing it on the 25th is a non starter. Most places are only open a couple of hours.

Anyway the fixtures are:

Middlesbrough v Tottenham 1:30
Arsenal v Chelsea 4pm
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2005 :  16:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the Coronation has been suggested by no-one other than the voices in Gents' head! Its not a good idea for so many reasons, mainly lack of good football viewing facilities, not exactly welcoming bar staff particularly for this sort of event, and the JJJ will leave everyone in a complete mess within a couple of hours.

I don't think it can be moved really, if we went anywhere it town it would be £2.50 or more a pint anyway, we'd risk a kicking off townies or bouncers, and there's more chance of people wandering off or going home early.
I don't think the Oak would be as good, cheaper beer but not so good for watching football and also more likely to get annoyed with us.
We could see if the Grove would let us have the function room, where we could do pretty much what we want?
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2005 :  17:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good. It sounds as though it's the ringers then.
Go to Top of Page

Dog
HMZ God

793 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  11:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It needs no discussion. The Ringers has been the home to date and has offered food, football and acceptance of noise, language and pissing off the locals....

Can everyone abide by the rules?
Can T man last past the first game?
Can Gentle keep his clothes on?
Can Jim finally pull Di?
Can Gentle go the night without ending up in a Curry-man's bed?
Can NO-ONE bring their girlfriends!!
Go to Top of Page

T-Man
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  12:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunday the 18th of December is also the final of the World Club Championship in Japan, so hopefully Liverpool will be in the final and on TV.

Not sure of the time difference tho.

Of course i'll make it past the first match. (Second is in doubt tho).

T-Rex
Go to Top of Page

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  13:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant believe the lack of support for my suggestions! Even if the pubs are open a bit less on the 25th we can drink faster, and we are all getting older so we may be grateful of less drinking time. Really hope its not on the 18th cos ive just realised im seeing Black Eyed Peas at Hammersmith Apollo that night.

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

Dog
HMZ God

793 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  13:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would you want to watch them?!!! The 18th is BS and the 25th is the usual 'lets see how many pints we can cram in before it closes'xmas day.

Fun for all, and all for fun.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff the Chef
Thatchers Veteran

United Arab Emirates
672 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  13:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't make the 18th so will throw my support behind 25th. A mental few hours of xmas day would be awesome and original.

....Don't Tell I Tell Ee
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  15:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not going to happen. Bloody Sunday is the Sunday before Christmas, not Christmas Day, end of. (Subject to review next year when that would make it Christmas Eve, I'd like to make an advance suggestion of Dec 17th to avoid us losing a piss-up).

Gents, Black Eyed Peas are awful, sell your ticket. And have a word with yourself for not spotting the clash in the first place.

Boxhall, there's no "can't" make the 18th, just won't. You have plenty of time to make sure you can attend.

Dog, pretty sure I've never tried to pull Di, unless she counts hiding under the table shouting obscenities as foreplay?
Go to Top of Page

Smithy
HMZ God

Solomon Islands
1073 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  16:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gents, are Bad Manners still supporting on the Black eyed Pea's gig?

Hannah More Zider......
In the Dogging Tent
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  17:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentle I can't beleive your possiblty going to miss Bloody Sunday to see the Japs Eye Peas. What is the world coming to!

Boxhall missing it doesn't surprise me, but Gentle...

T-Man, judging by the kick off times during the world cup in Japan I can't see the final being on at a time when the pub is open. I can however see Liverpool being in the final, as it is another Mickey Mouse competition!
Go to Top of Page

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2005 :  20:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black Eyed Peas will be awesome, ok so we all thought they'd be crap at Glastonbury but those who actually witnessed the amazing spectacle couldn't fail to be gobsmacked, and there new song is brilliant. Im sure it'll sell out and they'll add some more dates so i may try and change ticket but if not it'll be at least me and Jeff on Bloody Christmas Day which i can see becoming the new regular feature especially fi next years Sunday is on Christmas Eve.

Bad Manners AND Kings of Leon are both supporting so ive heard!

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2005 :  09:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maddog its a shame that Everton are not on the featured match becuase it could potentially be the game that see's Everton get relegated!
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2005 :  10:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D'oh 2 years running!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page