Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 West Country Chat
 Somerset Music
 Disaster for HMZ Camping Spot!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  18:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its now a toilet!http://www.mgrimshaw.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fineguidemap2007finalversion.jpg

Which to me makes it a less attractive camping spot! To get a decent distance away from the toilets we'd either have to go to the top or bottom of the hill, which isn't great.

Do you think we should relocate? The new area to the bottom left could be a good spot, near the Park? Probably near to PGD too, which is where we've entered the last 2 times.

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  08:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Jim

Do you think we should relocate?

I suppose we probably should, im not too up for camping in the toilet either. The top of that same field is really slopey, was rubbish when we camped there in 98 or 99, and the bottom is too boggy if it rains... may be OK to move along to somewhere in the middle of the field (by the fire pile!!!). Or going to a different field should be quite easy to organise now there aren't so many of us, The Park place sounds good (apart from the prospect of having to put up with Chas and Dave trying to ruin our late night singalongs)

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

Jeff the Chef
Thatchers Veteran

United Arab Emirates
672 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't think we need to avoid that field just keep away from the bogs. It's not gonna rain so nothing to worry about with mud, besides everywhere is muddy when it rains!

A shorter walk from the car would be nice!

....Don't Tell I Tell Ee
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its better being on the edge of the field, as you get more space. Don't want to be downhill from the bogs, as there's bound to be some leakage. And generally camping at the bottom of hills isn't good, remember the pictures of underwater tents from 2005. The top of the hill in our field is too steep, and a harsh walk especially with the stuff. Plus they've put a family camping field right next to our field, which I don't think is ideal.

I reckon the new camping ground to the bottom left of the map looks good, I think its what you can see on the "Pyramid" webcam, the lighter green fields. It would be a bit of change, probably encourage us to spend more time in different places, and the Park is supposed to be going all night so it would be good to be within an easy walk of that, although not right next to it. Only downside is we're bound to end up in the old field by accident once the Burrow Hill kicks in!
Go to Top of Page

Smithy
HMZ God

Solomon Islands
1073 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone think that map may be wrong? It seems strange to actually move the toilets as the place they are normally in just seems the most natural place to put them? I think we should just see when we get there!

Hannah More Zider......
In the Dogging Tent
Go to Top of Page

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Jim

Only downside is we're bound to end up in the old field by accident once the Burrow Hill kicks in!

That's no downside for me, after 8 years I still couldnt find the old field once the Burrow Hill had kicked in anyway

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  15:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They haven't moved the old ones, those are still on the map in the same place. These are new. There are also new ones further along the top road towards the Pyramid. And all the ones that used to be on or by the railway track have now been moved into the fields. Also the toilets have been moved out of the pyramid field to nearer the cider bus. I imagine its all to do with the increase in capacity, and maybe environmental rules about having the toilets away from the stream. I suspect the new ones in our field might just be portaloos not long drops, but that doesn't make them any nicer to camp by, and probably increases the chances of leakage down the hill.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page