Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Nailsea United Football Club Forums
 Football Chat
 England
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2007 :  15:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who will be the next England boss?

p.s. Maddog - what are your thoughts on last nights game?

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2007 :  16:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Common consensus is we need a motivator. I vote for that Manc I was sat next to last night.
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2007 :  17:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Players shouldn't really need motivating to play for England, but after the past 5 years, it is quite clear that players DO need motivating to play for England.

My vote goes to Slaven Billic
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2007 :  18:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see the game last night as I saw Bill Bailey instead. From what I've heard of the game I think I had the better night!

Reports say that the back four (and most of the others had a shocker. Saying that though Campbell, bridge and Lescott certainly wouldn't be first, or in some cases, second choice defenders for England (Yes, I include Lescott in that Ships!)

As to who should take over, It has to be someone who can motivate the players and who is proven at winning things. We should have won that group with ease. Yes there were a couple of tricky fixtures (Croatia and Russia away for example) but if the players had replicated their League form for England then it wouldn't have been difficult.

If I had to pick, it would Scolari or Mourinho.
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  09:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm now ending my Benitez out of Liverpool campaign, as it seems it could backfire spectacularly: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7108721.stm
Go to Top of Page

Jeff the Chef
Thatchers Veteran

United Arab Emirates
672 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  09:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear god no!

....Don't Tell I Tell Ee
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  11:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benitez isn't serious about the England job. He had a bust up with the owners, so it was a public way of saying If i don't get what i want, i may move on.

Seriously, it would be career suicide. Having said that, he does have a good record of winning cup competitions!!!
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  13:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From reading the statement the yanks have made about future signings it looks like fat rafa could be the next boss to get the chop! About time to i say, just as long as he stays a long way from Soho square!!
Go to Top of Page

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  14:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Benitez warned to 'quit talking' "

Finally!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page