Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Nailsea United Football Club Forums
 Football Chat
 Is Bennayoun really injured?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jungle Jim
HMZ God

Falkland Islands
1872 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  11:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I don't trust that fat waiter for a second when it comes to internationals, and anything that could help England.

My guess is his "3 weeks out" will not include the next Liverpool game.

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  13:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'll be fit for the Newcastle game on the 24th, you can be sure of that!

To be honest if Englands hopes of qualifying were resting on Yossi Bennayoun, We really are in a sorry situation.
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  13:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will probably be rested for the next liverpool game because fat Rafa rests everyone except of course steven Gerrard!
Its time liverpool realised they are going no where with the fat controller and get a decent manager like Jol or Mourinho.
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  14:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i agree it is a sorry situation but he was one of the players who could have made a difference and now fat rafa has stopped him from playing... shock.

as chris buxton would say... rafa benitez 'tactical knob end'
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  12:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats with the fat jibes?!

Also, pipe down Gunners. How many European Cups has Wenger won?! Shut the f**k up then!
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  13:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In arsenals defence, how many league titles has slightly over weight rafa won?
As you said shippers 'shut the f**k up!!!!'
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  14:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha it always amuses me when a bitter blue nose talks about trophies. Even funnier that they need talk about the success of other teams because they have nothing to shout about themselves!!!

p.s. also what has that ginger winging toser ever won… feck all worth shouting about!!!
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  14:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maddog

In arsenals defence, how many league titles has slightly over weight rafa won?
As you said shippers 'shut the f**k up!!!!'

Benitez won the La Liga title. Does that count, or are we just talking about Premier League titles with Liverpool?

It would be interesting to compare Benitez's record of winning trophys since being at Liverpool with that of the other top managers in the premier league.
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  14:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arsene Wenger 11 years, 43 days - Premier League (3): FA Cup (4) FA Community Shield (4)

Alex Ferguson 21 years, 7 days - Premier League: (9) FA Cup: (5) League Cup: (2) FA Charity/Community Shield: (7) UEFA Champions League: (1) UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: (1) Intercontinental Cup: (1) UEFA Super Cup: (1)

Fat Rafa 3 years, 158 days - 1 Champions League and 1 FA Cup... oh yeah and 0 Premier League Titles. But does hold the record for making the most changes to teams compared to games in charge... 200 Games, 5678 Changes to his teams.

Thats how interesting it gets. He is no-where near the best managers in the premiership :)
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add to that a UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield if your counting them for four eyes and old whisky nose.

If you take into account that Benitez is relatively new to the prem, his record is not that bad, and, he's won the biggest trophy of the lot.

Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  16:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok lets compare him to another manager who joined the same season as him...

Jose Mourinho - FA Premier League (2): Football League Cup (2): FA Cup: FA Community Shield: (1)

You only say the champions league is the 'biggest of the lot' cas you cant win the premiership...
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  16:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wrong... anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would tell you that the European Cup is the biggest domestic competition you can win.

Why talk about Chelsea… I thought you support the nobheads from North London?!

p.s. Notts Forest are more successful than Arsenal!

Edited by - shippers on 13/11/2007 16:10:26
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  17:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To win the Champions League you play perhaps 12 or 14 games, a few of which will be against pretty average teams like Besiktas or Rosenberg.

To win The premier league, which almost everyone who knows about football says is the best league in the World, you have to play 38 gaames. Admittadly some of the teams aren't brilliant, but probably 15 or 16 premier league sides or capable of beating anyone else in the league.

Winning the Champions League is a hell of an achievement, but it's shortsighted to say that its harder to win than the Premier league.
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  18:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'It would be interesting to compare Benitez's record of winning trophys since being at Liverpool with that of the other top managers in the premier league' quote robbie wheelspin.

I provided Rob with facts that he asked for. That is the reason i refered to Mourinho and Ferguson. Where does it say in my post i support chelsea?

If you want to go about it like that, rafa has won as many league titles as chris hutchings who was touted as 'the worst premier league manager' ever.
Go to Top of Page

Smithy
HMZ God

Solomon Islands
1073 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2007 :  09:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shipway - Will you please stop calling the Champ's League a Domestic Competition! It is NOT a Domestic Competition.

Also I have to agree with Maddog. While I do accept that winning the Champ's League is a great achievement, winning the Prem is a lot harder and defo a greater achievement!

Hannah More Zider......
In the Dogging Tent
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2007 :  09:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone actually said the European Cup was harder to win, just that it was the bigger trophy.

If it was easier to win the European cup, wouldn't the top sides such as AC Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool have more European Cups than domestic titles?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page