Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Cider
 Cider Chat
 Cider In London
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Tharg drinker of cider
Cider Bus Convert

Borneo
184 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  13:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not been yet, but I'm told that The Well 180 St John Street, Clerkenwell, London EC1V 4JY, The White Swan 118 Fetter Lane, Holborn, London EC4A 1ES, The Gun 27 Coldharbour, Blackwall, London E14 9NS will all be featuring 3 counties perrys this summer.

And you will know us by the trail of empties....
Go to Top of Page

Ricardiño
HMZ God

Brazil
841 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  12:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst walking up Villiers St from Embankment towards the Strand the other monring, I saw a Westons delivery van. Couldn't see where it was delivering to unfortunately so I'll just have to try every pub on the street until I find it!

I'll update when located.

Make her day, put it in cider
Go to Top of Page

Ivanhoe Martin
Cider Bus Convert

Oman
273 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  20:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to work on Villiers St. I've got friends who still work there, so if you find out which pub I'd be all the keener to meet them for a drink.
Go to Top of Page

Ricardiño
HMZ God

Brazil
841 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  20:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you used to be a PwC man then by any chance? The van was right outside there by the park. I work on Trafalgar square so I'm round that way a lot. I'll try to track it down!

Go to Top of Page

Ivanhoe Martin
Cider Bus Convert

Oman
273 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2005 :  19:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did, Ricardino. Must have done 5 or 6 years there over a couple of stints. Left there about three years ago.

There weren't any great pubs around at that time. There was a not bad real ale pub down the passage under the arches (past Heaven and up the stairs towards the Sherlock Holmes/Northumberland Ave). The bars up Villiers St were lager and chardonnay (and therefore packed). Gordons was a good place for wine, secretive lunches and dates, and has about 3 tables outside in summer.

I haven't been back there in ages. I stick to the Southbank mainly. But I met Mrs I when I was working there, so it can't be all bad. Who knows, if there's a cider pub, I might go back again.
Go to Top of Page

Tharg drinker of cider
Cider Bus Convert

Borneo
184 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2006 :  08:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new cider pub in London!http://www.individualpubs.co.uk/pembury/drinks.html The Pembury is owned by the same people who run the Oakdale. It's only just opened so it was a bit quiet when I called in. It's a big place, non-smoking, and they're about to start doing food. I was drinking Cassel's cider from Cambridgeshire, a new one for me and it was delicious! Lots of good beer in there too.

And you will know us by the trail of empties....
Go to Top of Page

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2006 :  16:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good, i'll check it out when im in London next, i've had Cassel's before but i cant remember what it tastes like.

Now that Wetherspoons pubs everywhere stock a good range of cider it has slightly taken the fun out visiting different cities and hunting down their cider pubs. It used to be a real trek to find any good stuff in London, but now they have Old Rosie waiting for you when you arrive in Paddington! Not that im complaining too much.

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page

Ivanhoe Martin
Cider Bus Convert

Oman
273 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2006 :  09:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had Cassels in Cambridge. Nice.
Go to Top of Page

PsyMan
White Lightning Beginner

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2006 :  22:37:54  Show Profile  Visit PsyMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was unaware that London and Cider were 2 words that were allowed in the same sentence.
Go to Top of Page

Ivanhoe Martin
Cider Bus Convert

Oman
273 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2006 :  12:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that'll be why you're a cider bus newbie then
Go to Top of Page

Ricardiño
HMZ God

Brazil
841 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2006 :  09:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happily I found a great little pub just round the corner from my office the other day that serves Addlestones. It's called Williamson's Tavern and is in Groveland Court just off Bow Lane (EC4).

Go to Top of Page

Al Caholic
Cider Bus Convert

Vatican City
145 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2006 :  13:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to report that there is a pub just outside the Farringdon tube (name escapes me)that serves Westons Organic and Brothers cider including Pear.

Al
Zider I up barkeep!
Go to Top of Page

Bracer
Cider Bus Convert

401 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  16:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello boys, never ventured into this particular forum before, but i've just enjoyed a happy half hour scanning some of the informative postings. Makes a refreshing change from all the abuse on the NUFC forum. Anyway, far be it from me to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but have you tried a tasty little number called Cripplecock? I'm sure you have, doesn't appear to be many varieties you haven't tried. I first encountered its fruity delights whilst browsing in the quaint little town of Dawlish Warren many moons ago.
Go to Top of Page

Gents
HMZ God

Trinidad and Tobago
2214 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  16:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Da Manager, I've had Cripplecock before, they normally sell it in Gift Shops and Off Licences in Devon and Cornwall seaside towns, mainly aimed at tourists i think. But, I think its actually made by Thatchers... they definitely make one touristy cider with a slightly rude name which you can get in Devon and Cornwall but not round here (there are quite a few, called things like "Scrumpy Willy", you can see their address on the bottle.

I could Google-it but im a bit worried about what might come up on the search results by accident

ZIDER
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page