Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Nailsea United Football Club Forums
 Football Chat
 Liverpool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2007 :  14:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha that is comical!! If we didnt have cesc we would 'struggle' I dont think so at all. We are lucky to have him as he is absolutely class but we have flamini, denilson, gilberto, diaby, rosicky, hleb, diarra who all could play in there. given they arent as good as cesc but they are still class midfielders.

As for you moaning about injuries maybe old rafa should have thought about strength and depth when he went and blew 50million on 3 players...
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2007 :  15:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would struggle without Cesc.

Arsenal could put flamini, denilson, gilberto, diaby, rosicky, hleb, diarra there but they won't give you what Cesc offers you. You would just be boring old Arsenal again!

I enjoy watching Arsenal play when Cesc plays but you will still never win the European cup!!!

I agree Rafa should get some players in that are better than he already has.
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2007 :  16:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont like this word being banded round 'struggle'. Is this like we would 'struggle' without vieira? or 'struggle' without henry?

Think its a strong word as we have proved that we have quality all round the pitch...

Oh yeah the european cup! Is that the one you are about to get knocked out of?
Go to Top of Page

Maddog
Cider Bus Convert

Kyrgyzstan
217 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2007 :  11:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arenal would not struggle without fabregas. They may not be as good, but they would still be better than everyone else in the league except man u and maybe chelsea.
On the other hand If you took steven Gerrard out of the liverpool team, and they would definitally struggle as the quality of the rest of the side doesn't compare to the top sides in the league.
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  08:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good weekend of football… Liverpool played Everton off the park, Spurs got stuffed by the Keegan circus and City inch a little closer to the premiership!

Good times!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Kid--9
Blackthorn Experimenter

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  09:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice you kept quiet on here last week when United embarrassed Liverpool!! Now that was a good game!!

Congrats Liverpool, 4th place should be yours....another excellent season for you!!

Lend me £10 and I'll buy you a drink
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  09:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know my views about last weeks joke of a ref (home grown from the manc academy!) because i saw you straight after the game. I don't hide!

I think Ronaldo has won the league this season but i can't see him winning the biggest club prize this season.

5 Times!
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  10:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats cas cesc and co are going to win it!!
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting at half time but still so much to play for at Anfield. Obviously, Arsenal played the better attacking footy last night but they had too. I think Liverpool’s European experience shone through again but I have no idea what the tactical genius will do for the 2nd leg.

p.s. who are Everton and Spurs playing in the UEFA cup tonight.
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  09:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KINGS OF EUROPE

How did all the anti-Liverpool fans enjoy last night?
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Cider Bus Convert

Bermuda
335 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  10:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quote from this mornings paper...

It is a tragedy there had to be a loser in this quite incredible contest because English football was the winner on a massive scale last night.

It is hard to even start describing this pulsating, exhilarating quarter-final, except to say it joins the pantheon of truly great European nights at Anfield.

After 180 minutes of impressive, breathless, magnificent football between these two wonderful sides, Liverpool were the last men standing.

I have to agree. At the end of the day luck and experience got us through, everyone needs a bit of luck if they are going to win big tropies. I just hope it doesn't run out!

Go to Top of Page

Smithy
HMZ God

Solomon Islands
1073 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  12:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a very entertaining game. I think Liverpool were a little lucky to get a pen, but I will also say that Toure did himself no favours by jumping around behind him. There was hardly any contact but at first glance it did look like a pen so you can see why it has been given.

One positive for England was the perfomance of Theo when he came on. He actually lokoed like a tidy player for a change!

It is nice to see Wilson making valid points about the game, but yet again its Nick Shipways comments that turn the world against Liverpool!!
Go to Top of Page

M.Turner
Blackthorn Experimenter

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  13:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloody hell Smithy you feeling alrite???..
The highlight of the night was seeing little Cesc crying!!
Go to Top of Page

jammer10
Cider Bus Convert

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  14:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the highlight for you was seeing cesc crying and not the 4-2 win then you got issues!!

At least wilson was gracious in victory, cas it was a classic and neither team deserved to lose.... But, we did and its very hard to take after going up on away goals only to chuck it away 30 secs later. Oh and shipway admitted it wasnt a penalty!! haha End of the day, liverpool got the big decision which we should have had last week... great game, and will remain in the memory for a long time!

Edited by - jammer10 on 09/04/2008 14:04:59
Go to Top of Page

shippers
Cider Bus Convert

361 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2008 :  14:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have probably seen this...

ARSENAL F.C.
End of Season Dinner Dance

Starter
Egg on Face
Seasoned Hash
Frogs legs (past their best)
Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course
Humble Pie
Chump Chops
French (has) Beans
Manager's Beef (not rare)
Catch of the Day - (gutted)
NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert
Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)
Fruitless Tarts
Raspberry Fools
Hard Cheese

Drinks
Bitter
Little Spirit
French Whine
Cabernet Empty 2008
Champagne - sorry none ordered
STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guests are asked not to get HAMMERED

Guest speaker: Steven Gerrard & Rafa Benitez, Gary Neville & Sir Alex Ferguson - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

Please note that the club’s European Tour for the season 2008-09 is not guaranteed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect the views of Nailsea United Football Club © HannahMoreZider.co.uk Go To Top Of Page